How to check LIC policy status online by policy number or policy details by SMS?
My friend Ritvik bought a policy from Life Insurance Company (LIC) last year for tax saving purposes during the tax declaration period. At the time of buying the LIC policy, Ritvik also filled an Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) form through which his premium will be deducted automatically. However, his ECS was rejected by the bank due to mismatch in his signature, but the bank/LIC office did not inform him about rejection of ECS request. This year when Ritvik was trying to get the premium receipt online, he was shocked when he realized that there was no premium deduction made from his account towards his policy. Further, the status of his policy was in lapsed stage.
This could have been easily averted if Ritvik had checked the status of his LIC at periodic intervals. Now Ritvik was left with no other option than paying additional amount as of interest to revive the policy. This was clearly wastage of hard earned money and wastage of time as he was not able to pay his premium online and was asked to visit the local LIC branch.
After visiting the LIC branch, Ritvik came up to me and asked –
- Is there any way to check LIC Policy Status Online?
- Can we search for LIC policy number by name?
- Is it possible to find LIC policy status without registration?
- How to check LIC policy status by policy number?
The answers to these questions are very simple:
- Yes, you can check the status of LIC policy online, sitting at your home, with a click on the mouse of your computer. It is that simple and easy
- No, we cannot search LIC policy number by name of the policy holder. Names are not unique and there will be many people with the similar first and last names enrolled in LIC policies. It will be very difficult to navigate through those hundreds or thousands of names and locate the right policy holder. But most importantly, this will enable data hackers to pull out sensitive financial information of the policy holders if LIC starts displaying policy numbers by name.
- No, it is not possible to locate the LIC policy status online without registration since every policy has a unique number which is attached to one’s Date of Birth and Name. However, you can still find the LIC policy status without registration through SMS services and/or using LIC’s helpline number
- It is very easy to track LIC policy status by policy number once you register yourself on LIC’s portal and its free to check it. Please note that LIC offers multiple services to its registered users.
Importance of Checking LIC Policy Status Online
Life Insurance policies are meant to protect one’s family members in case of any contingencies. If the premiums are not paid on time, the policy will lapse and your family members will not get the benefits that they are entitled to in case something happens to you. Also, revival of a lapsed policy is very difficult if the policy has lapsed for more than 6 months.
So, I think it is far better to check one’s LIC policy status at regular intervals. It hardly takes couple of minutes to check your LIC policy status with the policy number online.
Similarly, you can also check your policy status by using the SMS services and calling on helpline numbers. Please note that the LIC helpline numbers are different for different regions.
How to check LIC Policy Status by Policy Number/Details
Log on to the portal of LIC India
Click on the Customer portal
To check LIC policy status,there are two options available for the users –
- New User
- Registered User
Note – Please keep your policy documents handy while registering for the services since the policy details will be required to complete the one-time registration process.
If you are a new user, the following details are required
- Policy Number
- Installment Premium without taxes
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Aadhar Number
- Pan Number
- Passport number, if available. This is not compulsory, however, rest of the fields are compulsory
After filling in your details, you would be asked to create a User ID and Password and a link will be sent to your registered email address for confirmation. After confirming the link you can sign in as a registered user and search LIC policy number by name.
If you are already a registered user, you can login by filling in the following details
- User Id/ Email ID/ Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
There is also an option of forgot User ID/Password under the Sign in button in case you have forgotten your User ID or Password. If you click on forgot user id/password, it will ask for the following details
- Policy Number
- Date of Birth
After filling the details, User ID and Password, a reset link will be sent to your registered email address and you can login to check your LIC policy status.
LIC Lost Password – LIC Online Status Enquiry
If you still have any issues related to your Login ID or Password or if you have forgotten your password, please contact email@example.com for LIC online status enquiry or visit your nearest LIC branch to resolve the issue.
After logging in the portal, how do I check my LIC policy status?
The new portal for the registered users ask for the following information –
- Whether you are a Customer or an Agent
- User ID/Email ID or Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
You can login once you fill in all the requisite information correctly.
Check LIC Policy Status by SMS
You can also check your LIC policy status by sending sms to 56767877 or 9222492224 from your registered mobile number. You will only get LIC policy status through SMS if you send it from your registered mobile number.
SMS codes to check LIC Policy Status
To know installment premium the sms code is ASKLIC PREMIUM
For revival amount, the sms query is ASKLIC REVIVAL
How to check LIC Bonus Online
To know about bonus ASKLIC BONUS
The amount of loan you are eligible for, Type ASKLIC LOAN
For Nomination enquiry, type ASKLIC NOM
You can also know the pension details by sending sms to same number but the type of enquires in pension plans are different
ASKLIC STAT for IPP Policy status
To know about existence certificate due, you can type ASKLIC ECDUE
You can also know about last annuity paid by typing ASKLIC ANNPD
For annuity amount, it is ASKLIC AMOUNT
IVRS or Integrated Voice Response System is available at all time (24×7) from most cities and is providing required information to customers. Any customer can contact LIC IVRS by dialling Universal Access Number (UAN) 1251.
You can make local call from any MTNL or BSNL number. Simply dial 1251 and for other than local users, IVRS can be accessed by dialling the STD code of the IVRS Centre followed by 1251. You can get all the information regarding your policy including the Surrender Value of LIC Policy by this method.
Click on the place. Get telephone numbers and address of respective Customer Zones
If you are still not able to check LIC policy status by all these methods, please visit your nearest LIC branch to know about your LIC policy status.